DUE DATE : 03 SEPTEMBER 2021
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Maintain proper balance between efficiency, customer services against operational risks.
- Ability to grasp and determine work strategy for assigned tasks with minimum guidance from the 20% Liquidation Supervisor, IMTT Supervisor, Forex Auction Bids Supervisor and COO.
- Provide the necessary support to the 20% Liquidation Supervisor, IMTT Supervisor, Forex Auction Bids Supervisor and COO in ensuring consistency in internal controls.
- Able to conduct root cause analysis, issue prevention and other improvement analysis.
- Offer and apply customized services that suit the client (right level of service, not over or under servicing the client).
- Performance in Key Areas
- Accuracy and turnaround time
- Low error rate and high-quality output
- Adherence to SLA
- Customer services
- Receive the 20% Liquidation (BB, CB & GB) raw data from MIS team/ Extract the 20% Liquidation (BB, CB & GB) raw data from IDS daily and ensure all Nostro deposits as per RBZ directive (not appearing on the exemption list) are advised to GBS for 20% liquidation within the stated cut-off time.
- Seek clarity with the respective RMs for ambiguous transaction narrations for correct action.
- Ensure Maker/ Checker controls on all prepared files before submission for GBS processing.
- Ensure all transactions incorrectly included on the submissions are urgently advised to be eliminated from processing by GBS once advised/ discovered.
- Ensure 20% Liquidations reports are weekly consolidated and submitted to Exchange Control.
- Ensure sending of Reversal Memo seeking authorisation to reverse funds erroneously liquidated under 20% domestic Nostro Deposits Liquidation to FM and Exchange Control.
- Ensure all IMTT (2% tax) is recovered as per directive.
- Ensure all exempted categories are reversed as per directive.
- Prepare recovery and Reversal entries from DotOpal, GPBS, FBS and EBBS reports.
- Request for source documents from RMs where Exemption justification is required.
- Exemption investigations ensuring compliance to Regulatory standards
- Submit reversal and Recovery IMTT files to Supervisor for approval.
- Submit all returns in a timely manner.
- Ensure all IMTT items in Computer suspense account are reversed.
- All unfunded accounts to be tracked until all tax is recovered.
- All insufficiently funded accounts to be tracked until all pending 20% liquidations are processed.
- Receive the 20% Liquidation (BB, CB & GB) EOD Dashboard and Pending details Report from GBS daily and ensure all insufficiently funded accounts, Invalid accounts and accounts with Risk codes are advised to the respective RMs for action.
- Advice GBS to process once funding of the insufficiently funded accounts is done, invalid accounts and accounts with risk codes are activated.
- Ensuring that reconciliation & investigation activities are being done as required and items are all accounted for and monitored for resolution.
- Ensure efficient handling of the Forex Auction Bids, debiting of Main Auction clients’ ZWL accounts awarded bids crediting RTGS suspense account and crediting clients’ ZWL accounts debiting RTGS account when Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe allocates funding.
- Ensure efficient handling of the Forex Auction Bids, sending SWIFT messages of Main Auction and SME Auction processed bids to Exchange Control for their submission to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
- Ensure compliance with Group’s standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Exercise vigilance against fraudulent transactions and identification of potential operational risks
- Adherence to the keys policies and procedure
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Ensure end of month Finance returns are compiled and forwarded to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure weekly report is prepared.
- Ensure that all files sent for processing are validated.
- Ensure all file requests are completed
People and Talent
- Responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control.
- Ensure that the contractors working in own area or working for the teamwork in a safe & healthy manner.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by own actions or omissions;
- Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and Safety in the workplace;
- Ensure that own actions do not put others at risk;
- Work in a healthy and safe manner;
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
- Report all accidents and incidents.
- Bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- Affinity to service and helping clients
- Ability to feel comfortable amongst strangers
- A good listener
- Make themselves understood when communicating with all kinds of people
- Pleasant disposition and able to control feelings that may create conflict
- Sensitivity towards people and ability to show compassion or empathy
- High self-esteem and confidence level
- Proactive rather than reactive
- A sense of belonging to the business
- A sense of teamwork with colleagues based locally and overseas.
- Always looking to do things better
- Project a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients
- Living the SCB values
- To jointly develop a support infrastructure to ITO products and services
- To assist in the sales/cost cutting process in line with common goal of increasing revenues
- To cooperate on automation initiatives, production support system maintenance and enhancements
- To achieve an ongoing service level standards maintenance and resolve service-related issues
- To ensure timely and smooth coordination of operational process within payments
- To coordinate resolution of audit issues, whether these have been raised already or just potential.
- Coordinate periodic audit process
- Contractual terms and service meet standards in a cost-efficient manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Banking, Commercial Banking & Retail Banking, Item Processing and other Service Delivery Units
- Officers and staff of IMTT project team
- Group Audit/UORM
- Dot OPAL Support
- FBS support
- GPBS support
- Finance team
- All ITO Units
- Global Reconciliations Hub
- GBS Processing Team
- Exchange Control
- Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- External auditors
- Other Banks, Local & International
- External service providers, including those related Clients to outsourcing initiative
- Ability to plan and organize workflow, work efficiently and quickly to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- Good knowledge of the Group’s Policy & Standards relating to operations and relevant local regulations and legislation
- Strong organizational, supervisory, delegation and time management skills
- Must have good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Must be mature, assertive and professional in conduct and attitude
- Must be a team player who can work with minimum supervision
- Strong leadership qualities, management expertise, interpersonal skills and operations experience; assertive and professional in conduct and attitude
- Knowledge of bank products & operational procedures
- Through knowledge of exchange control regulations & procedures
- Wide knowledge of international settlement transactions
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- Change driven, able to adapt ad work flexibly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective decision taker, computer literate, strong management, leadership & organizational skills, wide knowledge of banking practice & theory & relevant legislation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org