DUE: 03 NOV 2023
AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FIELD OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of an Agricultural Extension Field Officer that has arisen at a Bulawayo-based company. This is a fixed-term position for 12 months and will be based in Tsholotsho.
Key Deliverables of this position, inter alia, will be to:
1. Actively participate in the contract farmer selection process in liaison with the Project Manager, identifying farmers with the means and capacity to deliver the stipulated yield.
2. Mobilize the correct quantity and quality of inputs and ensure that these are delivered and disbursed to the contracted farmers in time.
3. Provide training to the contracted farmers on land preparation, sowing, fertilizer application and plant protection measures.
4. Monitoring the development of the crop through its various stages to ensure maximum yield attainment.
5. Manage the contracted farmers to ensure that there is no side-marketing of the contracted crop.
6. Manage relationships with stakeholders comprising of district and community leaders and other participants.
7. Compile and submit periodic reports on the progress of the project.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Diploma/Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy or related field.
2. 2yrs experience working as an Agricultural Extension Field Officer.
3. Experience in working with contract farmers producing small grains will be an advantage.
4. A clean class 3 driver’s license and ability to ride a motorbike is a must.
5. Ability to speak English and Ndebele a must.
6. Good inter-personal skills.
A competitive salary is on offer and as well as an opportunity to be part of a growth-oriented organisation.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, updated CV and certified copies of your qualifications to email@example.com by 3 November 2023.